Awards Honor Best of Legal Reporting
My second tip today to come via Mark Obbie at LawBeat is that the American Bar Association has announced 2007 winners of its Silver Gavel Award. The award honors exemplary work in media and arts to foster public understanding of the law and the legal system. This year's winners are:
- Books: Guantanamo and the Abuse of Presidential Power; Simon & Schuster, New York, N.Y.; Joseph Margulies, author.
- Magazines: "Nobody's Hero"; 5280: Denver's City Magazine, Denver, Col.; Maximillian Potter, writer.
- New Media: www.votingforjudges.org; King County Bar Association and 19 co-sponsoring organizations, Seattle, Wash.; Paul Fjelstad, Web designer; John R. Ruhl, president, King County Bar Association.
- Newspapers: Signing Statements; The Boston Globe, Boston, Mass.; Charlie Savage, writer; Peter Canellos, editor.
- Radio: "Judge Vows to Free Inmates Held Since Katrina"; National Public Radio, Washington, D.C.; Ari Shapiro, justice reporter; Barbara Campbell, editor; Emily Ochsenschlager, producer.
- Television News & Documentaries: The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till , Court TV and Think Film, New York, N.Y.; Edgar E. Beauchamp and Ceola J. Beauchamp, executive producers; Keith A. Beauchamp, producer and director.
The ABA also announced honorable mentions.
Posted by Robert J. Ambrogi on May 21, 2007 at 05:07 PM | Permalink
| Comments (1)