Picking a Law School? There's an App for That
Choosing among law schools just got a little bit more convenient for any potential law student with an iPhone. There is now an iPhone application that ranks the 100 best law schools in the United States and provides capsule profiles of each of the ranked schools.
The app, the Law School 100, is from LawTV Inc., the same company that publishes The Law School 100 on the Web. (This is a company started by Stan Chess, the lawyer I once dubbed "the king of legal domains" for his extensive network of legal Web sites.)
The app includes every ABA-accredited law school, according to its description. The top 100 law schools are listed in their ranking order. The second 100 are listed in alphabetical order. For each school, the app includes:
- The school name (with the usage preferred by the school) and ranking.
- The mailing address, phone number, Web site and e-mail address.
- Accreditation status (full or provisional) and whether the school is public or private.
- Total numbers of students and faculty members.
- Annual tuition.
- Degrees offered.
- Religious affiliation, if any.
Even for aspiring law students, the app won't blow their budget. The cost is just 99 cents.
Posted by Robert J. Ambrogi on August 10, 2009 at 03:15 PM | Permalink
| Comments (2)