'Social Media Guru' Becomes a Real Job at BigLaw
For all of you us who were convinced that "Social Media Guru" wasn't a real job ... now what?
Via the Twitter feed of Lance Godard I see that BigLaw stalwart Latham & Watkins is now seeking a "Social Media Specialist" to help develop and implement the firm's social media strategy. The open position is posted here on the L&W website.
What does a Social Media Specialist at a law firm do? Well, at L&W, at least, the job involves devising a social media approach that is "integrated with the firm’s public relations and marketing endeavors, as well as supporting the development of the firm's social media policies and governance." Specifically, this includes responsibilities such as:
- staying abreast of best practices and trends in the digital communications and social media arena;
- promoting social media tactics as a fundamental part of the PR/communications media mix;
- supporting the design, development and maintenance of blogs;
- leading the development of internal social media training modules; and
- establishing key metrics to measure effectiveness of the firm's digital communications/social media program.
Among other things, L&W wants its Social Media Specialist to have experience with online measurement platforms such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, a Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications, Journalism or related field and six years relevant experience working in digital communications.
Posted by Bruce Carton on March 14, 2011 at 05:03 PM | Permalink
| Comments (7)